Accomplishments & Recognitions
- Astrid Creative Award, PhoneMart In-store Sales, Bronze
- Astrid Creative Award, CD-ROM- Anytime Demo, Bronze
- Telly Award, PhoneMart Anytime In Store Promo, Finalist
- Marketing Association WebAward, Best Internet Service Provider Website for www.Verizon.net
- Astrid Creative Award, www.Verizon.net, Silver
- Summit Creative Award, www.Verizon.net, Bronze
- American Design Award, 2nd Place Award of Design Excellence, www.Verizon.net
- C/NET gave GTE Entertainment Homepage 4 stars (out of 5) for concept and design.
- Yahoo gave GTE Entertainment Homepage 3 star (out of 4) rating for concept and design.
- I way 500, Dust Site rated #5 out of 20 under the Best Games Websites.
- Award Winning Fine Artist in Oil Painting, SOCALPAPA “Paints the Peninsula”, Newport Beach, CA,
- Award Winning Fine Artist in Oil Painting, Newport Harbor Nautical Museum, Newport Beach, CA
Owner Karen Brake Barge
Karen has over 20 years of experience as a graphic and web designer, specializing in the fields of corporate identity, UI design, print design, and branding. Before she started her own business, she worked in the video game division of GTE Entertainment and then for Verizon as the lead UI and website designer for over 10 years.
- Creative Director & Brand Management DreamSmart Academy
- Art Director, The SpendSmart Nation
- Owner & CEO, Red Edge Graphics
- Art Director, SpendSmart.org
- Owner & CEO, Karen Brake Design, Inc.
- Lead Designer, Verizon Online
- Lead Designer, GTE Corporation
- Website Designer, GTE Entertainment & GTE ImagiTrek
- Art Director, Ambler & Hickerson Packaging
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree, Advertising – University of North Texas
- Certificate in Multimedia and Production Design – Apple Regional Multimedia Center, Texas